[gravityform id=”1″ name=”Contact Us”]


Generally, a citizen of a foreign country who wishes to enter the United States must first obtain a visa, either a nonimmigrant visa for temporary stay, or an immigrant visa for permanent residence. Here at Giannantonio and Roth, LLP, we understand that the U.S. visa application process can often be arduous and daunting. Our attorneys will strive to guide you through this process, direct you to the best means for entry into the U.S. and manage anxiety that may be associated with the process.
Here is a general list of the more common visas in which we can provide assistance:

U.S. Immigration

Temporary Business Visitor Visa (B-1)

Intra-Company Transferee (L-1 Visa)

NAFTA Professional Worker (TN Visa)

Student in Optional Practical Training (F-1 Visa)

Person of “Extraordinary” Ability (O-1 Visa)

Exchange Visitor (J-1 Visa)

Investor Visas

Intra-Company Transferee Visa (L-1)

Investment Immigration (EB-5)

Treaty Trader (E-1 Visa)

Treaty Investor (E-2 Investor Visa)

Employment Based Visas (EB-1)

Persons with Extraordinary Ability

Outstanding Professors and Researchers

Multinational Managers or Executives

I-9 Compliance


Consideration of Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals aka “DACA”

DOMA and Immigration : K Visa

On June 26, 2013, the U.S. Supreme Court decided on United States v. Windsor, in which it struck down the 1996 Defense of Marriage Act (DOMA) as unconstitutional. DOMA had prohibited federal government from recognizing same-sex marriage, regardless of whether they were legal in certain states or even in other countries. In addition to its many other ramifications, the overturn of DOMA also impacted U.S. immigration. On July 1, 2013, The Department of Homeland Security Secretary Janet Napolitano issued a Frequently Asked Questions directing USCIS to review all same-sex visa petitions in the same manner as those filed on behalf of an opposite-sex spouse. Thus, binational, same-sex couples may now be eligible for U.S. Immigration benefits.
Contact our attorneys to help discuss your options.

Important: The information provided herein is for informational purposes only. This information does not constitute legal advice, nor should it take the place of independent legal counsel. As immigration laws are complex and ever changing, we recommend that you consult counsel before taking action in any particular case.

Image by aherrero at Flickr – Creative Commons